Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Dolly Parton's Imagination Library

Did you know that kids under the age of five in Olmsted County can have a classic children's book sent to them each month for free? Is is through a program called Dolly Parton's Imagination Library, an early childhood literacy program. We recently registered our youngest daughter so we can get books for the full five years. Her first one arrived in the mail this week, The Little Engine That Could. Now our son is going around telling us "I think I can, I think I can." I can't wait to see what other books we get and LOVE the idea behind this program.

If you live in Olmsted County, go here to register your child.

2 comments:

Jessica SG said...

Yes! We were able to sign our youngest daughter up for this program in the hospital when she was born. It is a fantastic program and my girls look forward to getting a new book every month!

cassi said...

We love this program!