Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Library Fun

This morning we had time to visit the local library and check things out. In our former town, the library featured a weekly story time that my toddler adored attending, complete with songs, books, and coloring. The Rochester Public Library has what they call a "summer program" every Wednesday at 10 a.m. and 1 p.m. Today's program was a comical musician. Honestly, my son was much more into the Little Tykes computers and the fish aquarium than the guy singing. Next week, the Rochester Honkers baseball team will be at the program to sign autographs and watch a baseball film with the kids. Most of the programs seemed suited for children a little bit older than mine, but the events in August look a little more promising.

I did notice a bedtime stories event held every Tuesday at 6:30 p.m. But that is kind of a crazy time for our family- dinner, getting ready for bed, playing with dad. I am hoping once fall comes some sort of weekly toddler storytime will show up on the calendar. For a full listing of events, go here.

Library located at 101 2nd St. SE.

Where do you recommend I take my kids for storytime?

No comments: