Friday, March 2, 2012

Read Across America



March 2 is Dr. Seuss birthday and has been turned into a national event through Read Across America. Last year a friend of mine dropped by with Cat in the Hat cupcakes for us and I loved the idea of turning this day into something special. ABC & Toy Zone (in Rochester) is celebrating with a Dr. Seuss story time on Friday at 10:30 a.m. (don't forget your camera). I plan on making my kids a Dr. Seuss inspired lunch- Green Eggs and Ham; Hop on Popcorn, and Pink Ink Yink Drink. I love reading to my children everyday and Dr. Seuss books frequently appear among our favorites. Our other all time favorite picture book authors are Don and Audrey Wood and Eric Carle. Who is your favorite children's book author?

Go here for Dr. Seuss birthday printables and activities.

1 comment:

Bobbi said...

"The Woods' "The Napping House", Sandra Boynton, the "Little Bear" series by Minarik. and, of course, Dr. Seuss.